Home  |   Tool Kit  |   Library   |  Sponsor   |   Help Us   |   Contact Us

Services & Resources on this site reflect the best practices in the field of Traumatic Brain Injury

Providing wealth of information, creative solutions and leadership on issues related to brain injury since 1985

Copyright © 1998 Head Injury Hotline
Financial and Medical Aid Programs
From The Ashes:
A Brain Injury Survivor's Guide
Washington State Government Programs

Brain Injury Resource Center
Our Services

Return to
 N.W. Resources

D. Mortz 
est. 2002

Your logo here gives potential clients instant"point & click" access to your corporate message
Learn About Brain Injury
Brain Injury Types
Brain Injury Checklist
Brain Injury Emergency
Brain Injury Glossary
Brain Injury Treatment
Patients Perspective
Brain Injury Costs
Brain Injury FAQ
Spinal Cord Injury
Concussion FAQ
Concussion in Sports
Head Gear
Brain Map
Pain Map
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Donate a car 
and get a
great tax 

Brain Injury Publications

Life after brain injury
Getting Started
Essential Skills
Personal Safety Net
Self Assessment
When I Grow up
Daily Journal
Time Management
Loss Self
Found Self
Pop Quiz
Memory Survey
Memory Strategies
Life Events Inventory
Wellness Inventory

Doctors & Rehab Facilities
A Few Good Doctors
Doctor Checklist
Rehab Facilities
Rehab Finder
Rehab Checklist

 Advocacy Skills
Advocacy Plan
Advocacy Overview
Action Plan
Assertiveness Skills
Assertiveness Plan
Assertiveness Quiz
Decision Making
Fear of Criticism Test
Goal Analysis
Goal Setting
Problem Solving
As You See It
As Others See You
Educational Rights
System Advocacy
Legal Research
Community Services Offices (CSO) – DSHS
Phone: 1-877-980-9220 (toll-free)
Call or visit web site for a location near you
Web site: http://www.dshs.wa.gov/esa/index.html
Description: Local Community Services Offices (CSO) provides many DSHS services. Your local CSO can provide you with details about these services and how to apply for them. Services Offered:
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) - Cash help for families with  children https://wws2.wa.gov/dshs/onlinecso/tanf_support_services.asp
• General Assistance Unemployable - Cash help for individuals who are not able to work. https://fortress.wa.gov/dshs/f2ws03esaapps/onlinecso/gau.asp
• Working Connections Child Care - Help for working families to pay for child care
• Medical Assistance Programs - Help with health care and medical expenses
• Division of Child Support - Help in getting child support
• DSHS Emergency Programs - Programs that help in emergency situations  http://www.dshs.wa.gov/basicneeds/#cash
• Washington Basic Food Program - Help with putting food on the tablehttp://www.dshs.wa.gov/basicneeds/#cash 
• Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) - Cash and medical help for refugees
• First Steps Program - Pregnancy Support Services
• Family Planning Program - Information on ways to avoid unintended pregnancies
• ADATSA Program - Help in getting drug or alcohol treatment
• No Wrong Door - A directory of resources for DSHS Clients, Case Managers and Provider – http://www.dshs.wa.gov/basicneeds/#cash
Area Served: Statewide
Eligibility:  Needy individuals and families
How to apply: Call for services
Fees: N.A.

Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) - Independent Living Program
Phone: Toll-free 1-800-754-5960 Voice/TTY
Web site: http://www1.dshs.wa.gov/dvr/index.htm
Description: The Independent Living (IL) Program helps people with severe disabilities become more involved in family and community life. The Independent Living Program is designed for people with disabilities who want to increase their independence. The program may assist with attendant care management, counseling and advocacy, living arrangements, skill training, and services to the customer’s family.
Area Served: Statewide
Eligibility: WA State Residents 
How to apply: Call for services
Fees: Free information and referrals. 

Home and Community Services - DSHS
Phone: 1-877-980-9220 (toll-free)
Call for a location near you
Web site: http://www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov/pubinfo/housing/inhome/
Description: DSHS agency that provides help to seniors and disabled adults through the following programs: Adult Protective Services, COPES, and Personal Care. Also coordinates licensing for adult family home, boarding home, and assisted living and nursing home placements. 
Area Served: Western WA
Eligibility requirements: 18-65 yrs. old, who are disabled, meet income guidelines depending on programs
Fees: Vary

Washington State Department of Health
1112 SE Quince Street, P.O. Box 47890 - 
Olympia, Washington, 98504-7890
Phone: (800) 525-0127 Consumer Hotline
Email: information@doh.wa.gov
Web site: http://www.doh.wa.gov/LHJMap/LHJMap.htm
Description: Washington has 34 local health departments/districts which are entities of local government. Provides public health services that promote health and prevent disease. Administered by local health departments/districts serves the entire state, Public Health provides a wide range of services targeted to populations largely under-served by the private health care system. 
Area Served: Statewide
Eligibility: Public
How to apply: Call or go online for a location near you
Fees: Most services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid private insurance or sliding scale.

WA State Department of Health - Community Health Services
1112 SE Quince Street, P.O. Box 47890 - 
Olympia, Washington, 98504-7890
Phone: (800) 525-0127 Consumer Hotline
Email: information@doh.wa.gov
Web site: http://www.hca.wa.gov/
Description: Community Health Services (CHS) is not an insurance program. Its mission is to promote access to quality and affordable health care for the uninsured, underinsured, and tribes. 
Area Served: Statewide
Eligibility: Uninsured, underinsured, and tribes state residents. 
How to apply: Call or go online for a location near you
Fees: Most services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid or sliding-fee schedule 

Adult Day Care Services (ADSA)
Phone: 1-800-422-3263 (voice) – 1-800-737-7931 (TDD) 
Web site: http://www.aasa.dshs.wa.gov/default.htm
Description: Provides supervised daytime programs where frail and disabled adults can participate in social, educational, and recreational activities. Offers respite to caregivers by providing a safe alternative to home care.
Area Served: Statewide
Eligibility: Persons age 18 and over who are eligible for COPES (See "In-home services-COPES"). It is appropriate for clients who have chronic medical conditions that do not require the services of a skilled health professional on a routine basis.
How to apply: Contact HCS or AAA case manager to find a local office. Persons seeking to pay privately may contact the program directly.
Fees: Most services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.

Washington Basic Health
PO Box 42683, Olympia 98504-2683
Phone: 1-800-660-9840– 24 hour automated number 1-800-842-7712
Web site:  http://www.hca.wa.gov/reduced_cost.html
Description: Various health care coverage options for Washington State residents who are not eligible for free or purchased Medicare. Reduced premiums are available for eligible applicants
Area Served: WA State
Eligibility: Washington State residents who are not eligible for free or purchased Medicare.
How to apply: Call for services

SHIBA Helpline (Statewide Health Insurance – Benefits Advisors)
8221 44th Ave. W, Suite E, Mukilteo, WA 98275
Phone: 1-800-562-4422 – 425-290-1276, TTY 425-347-7997
Email: qianan@oic.wa.gov
Web site: http://www.insurance.wa.gov
Description: Trained volunteers will explain Medicare, Medicare +Choice, Medicare supplemental, employee related and individual health insurance plans, long term care insurance and provide medical billing assistance.
Area Served: Statewide
How to apply: Call for services

2208 Second Avenue, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98121-2017
Phone: 1-888-435-3377
Web site: http://www.seniorservices.org
Description: What Benefits Do You Qualify For? Senior Services in partnership with the National Council on Aging brings you a free benefits calculator service. By filling a confidential, anonymous survey you can find out what programs you or a loved one maybe eligible for.  Assistance with the form is available upon request.
Area Served: Statewide
Eligibility: Frail adults and caregivers 
How to apply: Call or visit web site for services
Fees: Most services are reduced price or for free. 

Brain Injury Resource Center: Providing Difficult to Find Information on Brain Injury Since 1985

Bright Ideas from headinjury.com

Copyright © 1998 Head Injury Hotline